hireEZ-Workday is one of our earliest integrations that is easy to connect, abundant with smart filter offerings, and synchronous with candidate and user activities from both platforms.
How to Connect ATS from hireEZ
Before you begin, please ensure that you are...
- A subscriber of hireEZ Enterprise and have a valid hireEZ account (*Please contact your hireEZ Account Manager if you need help setting up an Enterprise license.)
- The admin user of your company's hireEZ Enterprise subscription
- Able to enable data transmission through Recruitings and Integrations APIs of Workday Web Services(WWS) in Workday (e.g.https://community.workday.com/sites/default/files/file-hosting/productionapi/Recruiting/v34.0/Recruiting.html).
- Set up an Integration System User (ISU) account and add “hireEZ” as a recruiting source in Workday using this tutorial.
Note: Please do not connect your test/sandbox instance with the hireEZ production account. If you would like to perform sandbox testing, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or the assigned TPM. They can assist you further to issue a separate instance for testing.
In case you end up connecting your sandbox account with the hireEZ production account, notify the support team at the earliest. This brings unknown issues for the integration and results in a delay in your onboarding.
- As an Admin user, you will be able to configure your ATS by clicking on the All Integrations tab.
If you also have a team member license, you can configure in hireEZ Apps by clicking here, and follow the steps as pictured in the screenshots below.
- In either case, click on the Connect button on the ATS then Connect and input your Workday account information and click on Connect to continue in the next page.
- You will see a popup to input Workday account username, password, organizationID (or called tenant name) and service endpoint.
- You will need to retrieve the Organization ID and Service Endpoint from Workday.
- Log in to Workday with a user that has access to the “Public Web Services” report (the task, View Security for Securable Item can help you which groups have access to this report).
- Search for “Public Web Services” in the search bar and click on the corresponding report.
- Click on “Web Service” and “View WSDL” under the Recruiting (Public) Web Service.
- An XML opens in a new tab. Scroll down to the bottom of the this window and you will find the service endpoint in the @location attribute within the <soapbind:address> element.
- Edit the Service Endpoint to end in v34.0 or v35.0 (instead of v39.0 as shown above) since these are the versions which hireEZ supports.
- Enter the ISU username, password along with the Organization ID and Service Endpoint that was retrieved from Workday back in hireEZ.
As an Enterprise member user, you could go to the App page to request the integration approval.
After you get approval from the admin, you will be able to see the "Connect" button on the ATS.
For the ATS only requires the admin login, Member users will connect to the ATS automatically after the admin logs into the ATS.
Customize Data Field Mapping (Admin Only)
If you want to customize the data field mapping:
- Select a hireEZ candidate profile field from the ‘All Fields in hireEZ’ field list and choose a suitable field from the Workday profile fields dropdown.
- If you want to attach a resume for each candidate when syncing from hireEZ to Workday, select the ‘Attach hireEZ Resume’.
Note: All fields available within hireEZ might not be available for pushing to Workday.
Candidate Link Configuration
Configure the candidate link domain as shown below to make the Workday icon inside the candidate's profile clickable.
Here is a guide on how to export candidates: How to Export Candidates to ATS, CSV or PDF File.
In addition, Workday is available for 2-way integration. You can also enable it to import and rediscovery candidates from your Workday candidate:
- Check out our Rediscovery: https://hireez.com/ez-rediscovery/.
- Details on steps to enable Rediscovery.
You may also contact us at email@example.com or reach out to your Customer Success Manager to learn more about the workflow.
Please sign in to leave a comment.