Currently, more and more users in hireEZ start to use hireEZ engagement tool to send out emails to the candidates. hireEZ allows our users to send out 600 emails and add variables to the email content, which are convenient and helpful for users to engage the candidates.
However, when you are using these features, the following points are worth keeping in mind to protect emails from being marked as spam.
- Avoid contacting the same person multiple times.
- Limit your total number of emails sent under 400 per day.
- Setting Intervals for Engagement Emails
- Use different email templates
- Use the Send-on-behalf-of function
- Do not upper-case the whole subject line.
- Pictures, Links and Attachment
- What can I do when my email account is blocked/suspended/locked out by the email server?
1. Avoid contacting the same person multiple times.
To do so, use the in-project power filters on your search results page or the All Filters>Activities in your pipeline to screen candidates who have Not Contacted by Team during the time period of your current recruiting project. In this way, you can avoid contacting the same person multiple times.
2. Limit your total number of emails sent under 400 per day.
For Enterprise users, if you are the Team Admin, you are able to limit the number of emails you send per day on the Email tab of the Admin Console.
We recommend you limit your total number of emails sent to under 400 per day.
For the Business users, you may go to the Product settings--> Email delivery to check.
3. Setting Intervals for Engagement Emails
While sending bulk emails, if the email intervals are too short, you might encounter issues of being marked as spam by the receivers' email servers or by your own email server.
To avoid these, the Team Admin can set a fixed waiting time for emails sent from hireEZ integrated accounts. The Seconds to wait between each mail section is located on the Engagement Configuration page of the Admin Console. You may drag the horizontal bar on the right to modify the frequency of emails to be sent for a single integrated email account. And we recommend 20 seconds as the minimum interval time for most email accounts.
For Business tier users, you may go to the Product settings--> Email delivery to check.
4. Use different email templates
It is highly recommended that you personalize hireEZ's email templates to be in line with your hiring needs. Considering the template has been used too much, it might be easy to be taken as spam. Therefore, we suggest limiting under 500 candidates per email template.
5. Use the Send-on-behalf-of function
Our data indicate that emails delivered from hiring managers would receive higher response rates and would be less likely from being marked as spam, as candidates would feel more valued and considered.
The Email Delegation feature is located at the bottom of the Profile Settings-->Email settings-->General page.
For Business users, you can locate it on the Product Setting-->Email delegation page.
You can choose if you need to send emails only or want to view the replies from the candidates as well.
When you are composing the email, click on the From bar and you will be able to select from the list of your team members who have activated your SOBO access. You may also request new delegations from here.
6. Do not upper-case the whole subject line.
Using ALL CAPS in the subject line increases the chances of being marked as spam.
98% of emails with high response rates use normal capitalization.
7. Pictures, Links and Attachment
Too many pictures or links, and large attachments will also increase the chances. Therefore, you may try to use the variables instead of using links.
8. What can I do when my email account is blocked/suspended/locked out by the email server?
- Try to NOT directly copy the email content from the Gmail/Outlook inbox and paste in the hireEZ compose window to create template; if the template is created by copy-paste from a sent email in Gmail/Outlook inbox, check each link and make sure the link URL is the original target link instead of redirecting URL;
- Increase the time interval between each email sending;
- Decrease the maximum emails to send per day to match with the user’s normal behavior, or increase the daily limit in organization’s email system setting to allow more daily email sending volume;
- Create more personalized email templates by inserting variables in the subject and body;
- Reduce the number of links and images in the email body and signature, general recommendation is no more than 3 links and images in each email;
- Check if necessary DNS records has been set up, e.g. DMARC;
- Disable open/click tracking in hireEZ sequence
You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to your Customer Success Manager to learn more about the workflow.
Please sign in to leave a comment.